Summers at Pennington programs are open to everyone!
All registration is online; please click here to register for the camp(s) your child is interested in.
Choosing the right camp for your child can be complex and challenging. Don’t worry; we are here to help. If you have any questions or would like assistance finding the perfect program or series of camps for your child, we are more than happy to assist in any way possible. Feel free to contact us!
Please click on the tabs below to learn more about Summers at Pennington.
COVID-19 changed the summer camp landscape and put the summer for all of us into a tailspin of uncertainty. As time has passed, our understanding of the virus and mitigation strategies have expanded and have been fine tuned through constant practice and review during the school year. Although we hope and remain optimistic for the summer of 2021, we are proceeding cautiously, and will keep the majority of all the mitigation strategies and procedures in place.
Thankfully, what we have learned is that our small group, student-focused programs are inherently designed to help reduce risk and exposure to COVID-19. Summers at Pennington focus on small-group programs. This allows us the flexibility to adapt and adjust the program to the students’ interests, and provide tailored, individualized instruction that is critical in creating a great experience and assisting in students’ learning.
Our mitigation strategies and procedures include:
- Daily health screening and questionnaire
- Daily deep cleaning and sanitization
- Physical distancing and minimal multi-camp interactions
- Maintenance of small groups and cohorts
- Revision and review of all COVID-19 guidelines daily to ensure we are staying current with best practices and monitoring the growth or decline of the virus
- Frequently hand washing and sanitizing
- The continued use of masks as recommended by the department of health and CDC
- Reduced sharing of camp supplies
Registration, Financial, Cancellation, and Refund Policies
Peace of Mind COVID policy—In light of the uncertainty of what summer 2021 will look like, we are maintaining our "Peace of Mind COVID" policy. Any cancelation of programs by us, you will be able to transfer your credit to another program or receive a full tuition refund. If you have to withdraw from a program or are not able to participate due to direct factors related to the COVID-19 pandemic then we will also issue a full tuition refund.*
Registration fee—upon registration we require a single one-time administration fee of $10.
Early registration and down payments—Early registration this summer will not require any form of tuition down payment to reserve your spot until March 15, 2021. At that point we will require a down payment (refundable), which is around 20% of the camp's tuition to maintain your child's spot.
*COVID cancellation policy—As outlined in the "Peace of Mind" policy, tuition is refundable for cases where a family must cancel due to factors related directly to the COVID-19 pandemic up to two weeks before the start of their program. Any participant cancelling and requesting a refund within the two week window before their programs start date will be reviewed and is at the discretion of the Director of Summer Programs.
Cancellation policy—All cancellations not directly related to COVID-19 will follow our regular policy. If a child must withdraw from the camp before May 1, a full refund will be offered less a $25 cancellation fee. If a child must cancel their registration after May 1 and before June 1, 75% of the tuition is refundable less a $25 cancellation fee. If a child must withdraw after June 1, 100% of the tuition is non-refundable.
- Is lunch provided?
- What are the hours and days of the camps?
- Is there financial aid available?
- Is there before- and after-care available?
- How do I reach the camp office?
- What forms are required for camp?
- Where do I pick up and drop off my child for camp?
- Can my child walk home from camp or be picked up by someone other than a parent?
- If I have trouble with registration or payments, what should I do?